Urban Arts has been approved by Division of Developmental Disabilities to provide classes to young adults (ages 21 and older) as part of their ISP.
In accordance with safety guidelines these classes will be limited to 8 students to ensure social distancing.
- Staff and students will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to entering the studio. Hand Sanitizer will be provided.
- Urban Arts will take each child’s temperature.
- Face masks are required to be worn in the Studio
- All supplies will be cleaned and disinfected between uses. We will minimize sharing of materials as much as possible.
- All surfaces, desks, tables, chairs etc. will be cleaned and disinfected between classes, using products that meet EPA disinfection criteria and will not be done when children are present.
These classes are taught by two instructors who guide students to develop their own ideas.
Class size is offered on Fridays from 1:30-3:00pm.
The students will
- work independently
- use a variety of materials
- develop drawing, painting and 3 dimensional skills
- interact socially though class discussions with each other and the instructors
- improve their adaptive skills by participating in art exhibitions at different locations within the community which are offered throughout the year
Tuition: $50 per class
September 18, 25
October 2, 9, 16, 23
November 6, 13, 20
December 4, 18
(No class November 27 and December 11, 2020 )
(Winter Break December 25, 2020 and January 1, 2021 )
January 8, 15, 22, 29
February 5, 12
February 19, 26
March 5, 12, 19, 26
(Spring Break April 2 and 9, 2021 )
Session 5:* 9 Weeks
April 16, 23, 30
May 7, 14, 21
June 4, 11, 18
(No class May 28, 2020)