Comic Book Illustration Ages 7, 8 and 9 (Fridays 3:30-4:30pm)
Comic Book Illustration Ages 10 and up (Fridays 5-6pm)
In accordance with safety guidelines class size is limited to ensure that each student has their own desk and is able to be socially distanced.
Staff and students will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to entering the studio. Hand Sanitizer will be provided.
Urban Arts will take each child’s temperature.
Face masks are required to be worn in the Studio
All supplies will be cleaned and disinfected between uses. We will minimize sharing of objects as much as possible.
All surfaces, desks, tables, chairs etc. will be cleaned and disinfected between classes, using products that meet EPA disinfection criteria and will not be done when children are present.
Students should bring their own smocks or wear clothes that are appropriate for art-making. Urban Arts will no longer provide smocks in keeping with safety practices.
- Draw their own cartoon characters, creatures, animals, magical beasts, etc.
- Develop narrative and graphic abilities
- Learn how to draw facial expressions and dynamic actions
- Use the complex language of cartooning to create unique stories
- Experiment with a wide range of media (pencil, marker, watercolor, ink, etc.
- Explore various styles of comics including superhero, Japanese manga, and underground traditional
Comic Book Illustration
3:30-4:30pm (Ages 7 & up)
5:00-6:00pm (Ages 10 & up)
Session 1: 12 Weeks
September 17, 24
October 1, 15, 22, 29
November 5, 12, 19
December 3. 10, 17
(No class October 8, November 26, 2021)
(Winter Break December 24 & 31, 2021)
Session 2: 12 Weeks
January 7, 21, 28
February 4, 11, 25
March 4, 11, 18, 25
April 1, 8
(No class Jan 14 and February 18, 2022)
(Spring Break April 15 & 22, 2022)
Session 3: 7 Weeks
May 6, 13, 20
June 3, 10, 17
(No class May 27, 2022)