Ages 5 and up (Tuesdays 1:00-2:00pm)
In accordance with safety guidelines these classes will be limited to 8 students to ensure social distancing.
Staff and students will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to entering the studio. Hand Sanitizer will be provided.
Urban Arts will take each child’s temperature.
Face masks are required to be worn in the Studio
All supplies will be cleaned and disinfected between uses. We will minimize sharing of materials as much as possible.
All surfaces, desks, tables, chairs etc. will be cleaned and disinfected between classes, using products that meet EPA disinfection criteria and will not be done when children are present.
Students should bring their own smocks or wear clothes that are appropriate for art-making. Urban Arts will no longer provide smocks in keeping with safety practices.
Tuition includes all materials and supplies
- Be exposed to art history and art concepts
- Work on projects which extend from week to week, enhancing sustained focus
- Be taught the proper handling of diverse media (pencil, charcoal, marker, pastel, watercolor, tempera, acrylic, ink etc)
- Create projects designed to approach subjects in innovative ways
- Develop an extensive visual vocabulary & individual style
- Cultivate eye-to-hand coordination
- Improve observational and technical skills
- Participate in class discussions using the “language of art”
7 Weeks – $224
September 15, 22, 29
October 6, 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 17, 24
December 1, 8, 15
(Winter Break December 22 and 29, 2020 )
January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16
March 2, 9, 16, 23
April 13, 20
(Spring Break March 30 and April 6, 2021 )
May 4, 11, 18, 25
June 1, 8