We have a team of teachers who bring a wealth of experience from their personal and professional backgrounds. Our curriculum provides students with the opportunity to experience a wide range of materials and techniques.
Art Exploration (Grades K-2)
- Strengthen creativity and technical skills.
- Work with diverse media (pencil, charcoal, marker, pastel, watercolor, tempera, etc).
- Learn about art history and art concepts.
- Create projects designed to approach subjects in innovative ways.
Painting (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
- Develop an understanding of the painting process.
- Paint with different mediums (watercolor, tempera, acrylic, etc).
- Improve technical skills.
- Learn the proper handling of materials.
Printing (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
- Experience simple printmaking techniques including block printing, mono-printing, texture printing, etc.
- Use imaginative approaches in the technical process of making prints.
- Learn about both historical and contemporary printmakers.
Comic Book Illustration (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
- Convey a story using words and pictures.
- Study human anatomy, proportion, expression, and perspective.
- Develop dynamic compositions.
- Learn proper outlining and inking.
Mixed Media (Grades K-2 and 3-5)
- Use a variety of media to create paintings, collage, assemblage, altered objects, etc.
- Learn about the work of various mixed media artists.
- Explore the creative process.
- Experiment and be encouraged to think outside the box.
Drawing Intensive (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
- Learn the fundamentals of drawing.
- Develop observational skills.
- Employ a wide range of drawing media including charcoal, graphite, colored pencil and pastel.
Children who are exposed to the arts improve cognitive skills and learn to think creatively. They observe and describe, analyze and interpret, express feelings, with or without words. Through the art making process children practice problem-solving skills. The Arts introduce children to cultures from around the world, and show them how to collaborate with other children and with adults. Every child can feel pride in his or her original artistic creations.
We are willing to work with you to design classes which will be exciting and interesting to your students. Please contact us if you are would like to add Urban Arts to your enrichment program.